Re: qmail - my experiences with the competition

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Piete Brooks
To: Ilya Ketris
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: qmail - my experiences with the competition
>     I wonder if there is a way to prevent exim from stat()ing
>     a homedir before opening .forward file.  Some of our users
>     don't have home directories (i.e., whatever getpwnam() returns
>     is wrong and non-existent), while others do, and .forward
>     processing is required in the latter case.

>     When exim can't stat() a homedir, it freezes the message,
>     and I'd like to have a way of ignoring the director in such
>     case.

I'm used to driving everything from tables -- is that acceptable ?

None of my users (as opposed to sys admins) have passwd entries on the MTAs,
so it's all dbm-table driven -- this means that I have full control of which
accounts can receive email, and it means that exim knows which mailbox names
are valid without the need to (try to) access any remote F/Ss, so it (should)
be able to do all checking reliably, and treat any F/S error as soft.