Re: hypermail broke - exim format of From_ lines

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Martin Hamilton, exim-users
題目: Re: hypermail broke - exim format of From_ lines
> } FYI - I noticed that the format of exim's tod_bsdinbox variable was
> } breaking my copy of Hypermail. The symptom was that Hypermail would
> } just hang around forever without doing its thing, and the problem
> } turned out to be the GMT offset in the "From " line ...
> }
> } From ph10@??? Thu Mar 07 09:27:02 +0000 1996
>
> I think that the From_ line is subject to a different set of rules to
> other date formats - its not an RFC822 header at all, but a quaint
> unix oddity to separate mails.
>
> I would say that putting a timezone offset might break a few other
> mailers as well!

I haven't had any other complaints... Do you know if the format is
defined anywhere? I can of course trivially remove the timezone offset,
if people think it is the right thing to do.