著者: Lee McLoughlin
To: Neal.Becker
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: forwarded message from larson@net.com
Neal.Becker@??? wrote:

> Has anyone seen this problem or can think of a cause? I can't
> reproduce it, if I telnet to the smtp port I see the greeting.

> Date: today now-PST
> From: larson@???
> To: Neal.Becker@???

>     larson>   It looks like your smtp mailer is broken, and makes it impossible
>     larson> for other people to mail to you.

>     larson>   It fails to send the greeting line out when one connects to it.

You could be restricting who can talk to you with sender_net_reject, but
if you were I doubt you'd ask on this list!

If you run exim via inetd do you have tcp_wrapper or similar that might
be preventing the connection?

Maybe you are running one of those resolver libraries that
does a reverse lookup on the incoming address, then a forward
check and does a compare - to prevent spoofing. If the check
doesn't ignore case then it would fail because, taking a random
host at net.com...

ELVIS.net.com.  172609  A       134.56.2.20
20.2.56.134.in-addr.arpa.       83041   PTR     elvis.Net.COM.

But I would expect that if this is failing on your system
that it would be logged to the console, or somewhere else via syslog.
    Lee
--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8449