著者: Philip Hazel
To: Greg A. Woods
CC: John Henders, exim-users
題目: Re: several messages
> I suppose. What you really need to do, from a trusted path P.O.V., is
> to first authenticate that the MAIL FROM agrees with the incoming
> connection (perhaps according to some general matching rules), and then
> authorise (or deny) the MAIL FROM address (again perhaps according to
> some general matching rules)).

How can you check that MAIL FROM agrees with the incoming connection? If
I send mail to someone at your site who happens to have set up
forwarding back to my machine (because s/he's visiting Cambridge and has a
temporary account here) then I see MAIL FROM: <local address> emanating
from your site.

Anyway, a determined forger can always circumvent any checks you may
want to do on MAIL FROM by using MAIL FROM: <>.

> You'd have to have some rather bizzare security requirements to need to
> deny connections from the local host.

Such as stopping students using Telnet to forge mail?