Re: Filters

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Filters
} I am working on the proposal to build an integrated mail filtering
} facility into Exim. I have put a draft proposal (~300 lines) into the
} file
}
} ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/filter.proposal.gz
}
} Comments invited...

Generally this looks good. The ability to nest conditionals I think
is very important - ie one of my standard rules attempts to split off
list mail by looking for a small number of constructs such as the
sender address being of the form owner-*, *-request etc, or their
being some special header like that used by mailbase (X-List),
listserv (X-Comment), mailagent (X-Sequence) or smartlist
(X-Mailing-List).

For it to be useful to me personally it would need the facility to
deliver to directories (folders) using MH type semantics (including
updating of the unseen sequence - which is where procmail falls
down). This can be done by forking off rcvstore, but then I haven't
really gained anything....

A means of checking these and reporting problems early is needed -
the number of people who can make mincemeat of a simple forward file
is huge, and given more rope they will of course find more elaborate
methods of hanging themselves!

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]