Re: decipher log

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Neal Becker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: decipher log
On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> What exactly does this mean (I'm trying to track down the source of
> these mailings)? What is H=? What is the [address]?
>
> 1996-03-11 01:11:32 0tw0pP-0001Mi-00 <= freedom1us@???

     H=134.133.40.45 [204.137.168.148] P=smtp S=1107

See chapter 28 of the manual:

"The H and U fields identify the remote host and record the RFC 1413
identity of the user that sent the message, if one was received. The
host name in the H field is the name quoted by the remote host in the
SMTP HELO command... ...The P field specifies the protocol used to
receive the message, the S field is the message size, and the id field
records the existing message id, if present."

It doesn't say explicity that the [address] is the IP address from which
an incoming SMTP message was received. I thought that was obvious, but
cases like your example above show that it may not be so. I will add an
explicit statement to make it clearer.