著者: Philip Hazel
To: Lee McLoughlin
CC: exim-users-archive
題目: Re: Features (fwd)
> Be wary of Gdbm. The standard GNU version only allows the gbm file to be
> opened read/write and only allows one writer at a time. So you end up with
> only one user at a time, unless you are carefull with ownerships. Hit some
> wierd problems with PP's tables under GDBM. Ended up with a lock outside of
> gdbm that prevented two processes accessing the db at the same time.

I don't use gdbm on any of our systems - I think it was Piete that first
stuck -lgdbm into some of the config files for the ports he did. I wrote
exim using what I thought was a "standard" dbm interface based on the
Solaris 2 functions, assuming that that could be provided on most Unix
systems.

> > 2) Interprocess communication between eximon and exim is via execing
> >    exim with various switches.  How about a socket interface?

> Might be nice to allow across nets...

But you need a daemon to communicate with... A future client-server
implementation of eximon sounds possible, but this is different to the
eximon-exim interface.