[exim] Re: How to restrict client login through IP whitelist

Author: TomNewChao
To: Lena
CC: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: How to restrict client login through IP whitelist
Thanks for your apply.
   I have read your information about `https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/BlockCracking`. The main purpose is to modify the configuration to prevent user attacks through frequency limiting. However, it doesn't meet my needs. I wonder if we can add an IP whitelist to allow emails sent by specified users through login. For accepting emails from other MTAs, just release them directly.
The config As follows in acl_check_rcpt:
`
      accept
        authenticated = *
        control = submission/sender_retain
        control = dkim_disable_verify
        condition = ${if match_ip{$sender_host_address}{172.20.0.0/16 : 127.0.0.1 : ::::1 : 192.168.1.0/24}}
        deny
            message = Your IP address $sender_host_address is not allowed to send mail.
`

But it will block all mailboxes, including those sent by logging in with username and password and mails received from other MTAs. I just want to block mails sent by logging in with username and password, not mails forwarded by other MTAs. Is there a better approach here?

Thanks again