[exim-dev] Re: Test suite: testing for the *absence* of a st…

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-dev
Subject: [exim-dev] Re: Test suite: testing for the *absence* of a string ?
On Sun, 10 Mar 2024, Jeremy Harris via Exim-dev wrote:

> On 10/03/2024 15:12, Andrew C Aitchison via Exim-dev wrote:
>> Any ideas ?
>
> Will not listing the right number of "250-" lines, maybe
> even with their full texts, do the job?

Thanks.

Yes, that does work - as long as the lines contain
enough text to rule out the forbidden string.

I'd taken out the text from the 250- lines, since I
have had trouble with other parts of the test script,
and had forgotten that I will be able to put those
back when I have that under control.

As they say, debugging is twice as hard as writing the code,
and only on a good day am I smart enough to see whether
a test failure means the code is wrong or the test.

Thanks again.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew@???