[exim] Re: Message ID in envelopes with multiple recipients

Author: Slavko
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Message ID in envelopes with multiple recipients
Dňa 9. marca 2024 7:15:17 UTC používateľ Andreas Metzler via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>The DKIM section of "DKIM, SPF, SRS and DMARC" starts with
>| Exim’s DKIM implementation allows for
>|
>|     1. Signing outgoing messages: This function is implemented in the
>|        SMTP transport. It can co-exist with all other Exim features
>|        (including transport filters) except cutthrough delivery.

Thanks, but i understand that, that dkim_* options can be used
together with any other transport's functions in mean of config
errors, but nothing about DKIM signature validity.

I recently play with this relative long time ago (IIRC in 4.92 or 4.94
versions), thus it can be changed from that time, but when i rewrite
From (and related) domain, and use domain:$h_from in dkim_domain,
it doesn't work.

I really do not remember what didn't work, if original domain was
selected (thus no DKIM key was found), or message was signed
with old headers, or both. But i guess, that it is related to:

    header lines to be rewritten at transport time, that is, as the
    message is being copied to its destination

Thus after DKIM was run...

In other words, IMO while i can use dkim_* & headers_rewrite together
in one transport, i cannot rely on new value in dkim_* expansion, nor
rewrite signed headers, otherwise the signature will be not valid.

I will appreciate, if someone who know (not guess as i) can confirm
or decline that.

regards

--
Slavko