[exim] Re: Sasl and Exim

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: exim-users
CC: The Doctor
Subject: [exim] Re: Sasl and Exim
On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 4:06 PM The Doctor via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 07:12:00AM +0100, Andreas Metzler via Exim-users
> wrote:
> > On 2024-02-25 The Doctor via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
> wrote:
> > > how can one check to see if Exim is using SASL?
> >
> > I do not get this question, is this trolling? You would look at the
> > configuration files obviously.
> >
> > cu Andreas
> >

> I am trying on one server to send e-mail via user/pw credentials.
>
> The credentials seem not to get passed through.

Please show what your configuration for ASMTP is, accompanied by log
snippets of what is happening.
You see, most list members broke their crystal glasses and so cannot guess
all that information.
Assuming that you're using Dovecot as the POP3/IMAP4 server, the config is
simple:
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/howto/exim_and_dovecot_sasl/
The other one is documented in the spec file:
https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_cyrussasl_authenticator.html

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,