Re: [exim] Filter Help

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Filter Help
steven_nikkel@??? wrote:
>> Try this;
>>
>> in OS system file /etc/aliases, (or equivalent) find a line similar to:
>>
>> # bit-bucket: /dev/null
>>
>> Add a line similar to (real domain.tld, please)
>>
>> noreply@???: /dev/null
>>
>> OR (if you want to be reminded in near-real-time you have been careless):
>>
>> norepy@???: steven_nikkel@???
>>
>> Either is (generally) MTA-agnostic, BTW.
>>

> The alias edit is the first thing I tried, it didn't have the desired
> results.

Then you need to do some work with Exim's superb debug command-tail flags, dig
into the archives here and grep if not read, TFM.

My suspicion is that your router/transports are not in the same order as I'd
use, WHEREIN .. the /etc/aliases router is one of the first ones traversed...

No joy if remote_smtp has seen the message first....

Bill
.