Re: [exim] Logging

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Logging
Peter <exim@???> (Sa 25 Jul 2009 17:22:17 CEST):
> I was looking at my logs today, and i noticed a few ip's that had ~150
> tries, and got unexpected disconnection all of them, These are more then
> likly spammers, not yet listed in spamhaus, but no sending/resciver
> address was logged, i was wondering if it's possible to make some kind
> of debug log of the connection from these ip's?, to see what they are up
> to :-)

If I remember well, the information you're looking for (sender/recipient)
is written to the logs after complete transfer of the data part of the
message (this log line contains the message id and the message size,
both is not available sooner).

So - if you need to know the sender/recipient as soon as the other side
is telling it, you need to add logwrite/log_message lines to the
right places in your ACLs.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -