Re: [exim] Detect missing reverse dns

Author: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Detect missing reverse dns

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Cardwell" <exim-users@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 4:02 PM

> There are still a shed load of legitimate mail systems that don't have
> reverse DNS. Block them by all means, but don't be under the impression
> that you wont block any wanted mail by doing so.

IIRC AOL now block all mail from servers with no rDNS. There are a few other
major players who have also done it recently (although I can't remember
which). I have been doing it for a few years now and no complaints (although
I only defer the message just in case of some sort of DNS failure - I
believe most people do it that way).

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199