Re: [exim] How do you get multiple messages sent via the sam…

Author: Adam Nielsen
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How do you get multiple messages sent via the same smarthost SMTP connection?
> Yes. Various db files, whose maintenance is described in section 50 of
> spec.txt and some wait-* files for each transport in use. Sounds as
> though your Exim install is broken, permissions-wise. Did you remove
> the setuid-root permission from the binary or something?

Nope, this all looks fine. The users match up and the permissions seem
ok (after all, Exim itself successfully creates the db/ folder if I
delete it.)

After reading section 50, I think the problem lies with the DB library:

# exim_dbmbuild /etc/aliases test.db
exim_dbmbuild: unable to create test.db.dbmbuild_temp: Success

This is as root, in a folder I can create other files in. I'm a bit
confused about what DBM is, as far as I can make out it's an interface
for creating database files, but with different implementations
depending on the OS. There seem to be so many variations on it that
Google isn't much help.

It would appear that I'm using the wrong/old version - what version does
Exim require?

Thanks for all this help :-)

Cheers,
Adam.