Re: [exim] bogofilter routers and transports required

Author: Jörg Sommer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] bogofilter routers and transports required
Hi Brent,

"Brent Clark" <brentgclarklist@???> wrote:
> Im using this link as a guide, but its really old, even the exim version.
> http://sajjadzaidi.com/exim/bogofilter.html
>
> Would it be possible for someone who is using bogofilter with Exim to please
> share there routers and transports setup.

I'm using bogofilter, but I don't use a router for it. IIRC, the reason
is routers are applied per recipient, but I don't want filter a message
three time because it has three recipients. I use system filter for this.

% ssh server cat /etc/exim4/system.filter
# Exim filter <<== do not edit or remove this line!

# exim4 -bF /etc/exim4/system.filter -oMr local-bsmtp -bfl joerg -f foo@???

if $received_protocol is local-bsmtp then
# All mails coming from uucp

  # mails with more than 10 recipients become droped, because we don't have so
  # many users they can receive this mail
  # or if one of the recipents address looks like a meesage id of slrn
  # -- it's spam
  if $recipients_count is above 10 or
     foranyaddress $recipients ($thisaddress matches ^slrn[^@]*\.joerg@) then

    save /var/local/spamfilter/spam

    # mark the mail as handled (exim stops processing here), i.e. drop the mail
    seen finish
  endif

  pipe "/bin/sh -c \"bogofilter -e -p | /usr/sbin/exim4 -oMr local-spamfilter \
     -f ${quote:$sender_address} ${quote:$recipients}\""

elif $received_protocol is local-spamfilter then

  if $header_x-bogosity: begins spam then
    save /var/local/spamfilter/spam

    if foranyaddress $recipients ($thisaddress begins ml- or
          $thisaddress begins nl-) then
        deliver joerg
    endif

    finish
  endif

unseen save /var/local/spamfilter/ham
endif

% ssh server grep system_filter /etc/exim4/exim4.conf
system_filter = /etc/exim4/system.filter
system_filter_user = mail
system_filter_group = mail
system_filter_pipe_transport = address_pipe
system_filter_file_transport = address_file

That's all.

Bye, Jörg.
--
> Ich kenn mich mit OpenBSD kaum aus, was sind denn da so die
> Vorteile gegenueber Linux und iptables?

Der Fuchsschwanzeffekt ist größer. :->