Re: [exim] Expansion of "bounce_return_body"?

Author: Heiko Schlichting
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Expansion of "bounce_return_body"?
>> is the content of bounce_return_body option expanded
>> during generation of the bounce message?
>
> No.

Thanks. Not surprising that I now suggest to put the expansion of the
following options

    bounce_return_body
    bounce_return_message
    bounce_return_size_limit

onto the wishlist. As functions like expand_string() are optimized to
immediately return the input if the expansion does not contain
metacharacters, I never understood why not almost every option is expanded
before used.

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin