Re: [exim] Dictionary spamming ?

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Dictionary spamming ?
On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 02:47:46AM +0000, Duane Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 at 21:17 -0400, dean@??? confabulated:
>
> > To be honest, I haven't noticed much of a problem even on a high volume
> > server with db on regular disks though.
>
> What about a server that processes an average three million messages per
> day?

Hard to say. We're running about 1.5 million connections per day
(don't have a count on number of actual messages successfully received
since a huge majority of the connections are rejected for one reason
or another), but on the other hand we load balance between 4 servers
that also run other apps.

I'd guess that it would definitely be an issue if you are running the
databases on a single disk store with that kind of load. Ram disk
would definitely be a requirement I would venture, and even then, the
locking load might still be significant.

It's easy enough to test I guess.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???