Re: [exim] Cannot send mails to @hotmail.com addresses

Author: mavior
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Cannot send mails to @hotmail.com addresses
mavior wrote:
> Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 10 June 2007 19:56, mavior wrote:
>>

>>> Hello,
>>> I have set up an exim installation, trough which i can easily send mails
>>> to everyone, except for mail addresses that belongs to hotmail.com(or
>>> .it) domain.
>>>
>>> This is the excerpt from the exim mainlog:
>>> [...]
>>> The mail simply does not arrive in hotmail inbox nor in spam box.Seems
>>> like it is silently deleted from hotmail servers,but I don't receive any
>>> reject mail back or any other feedback.
>>>

>> Ask Hotmail. There have been many reports of Hotmail silently discarding mail.
>> Following http://postmaster.hotmail.com/Guidelines.aspx apparently isn't
>> enough. Tell everybody you know to avoid Hotmail.
>>

> Googling around deeper, let me think that this issue is probably somehow
> related with the Reverse Dns to my domain name thing, which i have not.
> For my testing seems that only hotmail servers would make a reverse dns
> before accept the mail!
> Anyone could confirm?

For the chronicle:from yesterday I had my ip correctly reversing to the
domain from which I sent emails but hotmail boxes continue to show no
live! It should be called Dead messenger, not live!
I had success in sending emails only and only if I am replying to an
hotmail user email.
By the way,I think i will not mind about it more.