Re: [exim] best practice for virtual domains/users

Author: Stanislaw Halik
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] best practice for virtual domains/users
On Sun, Jun 10, 2007, Stefan Onken wrote:
> Now I thinking about the best way to manage virtual domains and
> users with exim: I do not want to use mysql for this purpose,
> because the server is also running lots of websites and sometimes I
> am working on the mysqld as well and I am concern about the
> downtime of the mail service.

If your users all have local accounts, use a flat file with the lsearch
lookup. As for domains, try dsearch.

You don't need a daemon to use SQL with Exim, though. SQLite is both
fast and functional enough to handle the job.

--
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform.