Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown results in 451 Temporary local pr…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave Lugo
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] +ignore_unknown results in 451 Temporary local problem
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, W B Hacker wrote:

> JFWIW, I get 'manual' (host -v) failure on *both* 'insidersavings.com'
> AND 'abo.wanadoo.fr' (haven't tried any further prefixes)

abo.wanadoo.fr looks fine, it just doesn't itself have an IP, nor
does it appear to be a delegated subdomain.

> > +ignore_unknown
> > doesn't seem to have any effect.
>
> Per above, one may need an entry for each (beware MUA line-wrap):
>
> hosts = +ignore_unknown : insidersavings.com : +ignore_unknown : *.abo.wanadoo.fr

The docs are quite clear that once the option is specified, it remains
in force:

"Both "+include_unknown" and "+ignore_unknown" may appear in the same
list. The effect of each one lasts until the next, or until the end of the
list."

> Why do a callout on 'known bad' entities?

Huh? I have a list of IPs and rDNS patterns I don't want to
accept mail from. It seems pretty normal that folks would want
to do that.

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC