Re: [exim] How to set the outgoing SMTP IP address

Author: Jakob Hirsch
To: Grant Peel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to set the outgoing SMTP IP address
Quoting Grant Peel:

> For a number of weeks now, I have been trying to figure out how to
> set the outgoing IP address when an authenticated user sends an
> email. I have not been successful as of yet. I want to do this to

I presume you vhost setup is separated by domains, so you can use the
sender domain to get the ip address:

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
interface = ${lookup {$sender_address_domain} your_lookup {...}}

your_lookup depends on where you have stored the domain-to-ip mapping.
You could also use the dnsdb lookup (which I personally don't like much,
and AFAIR it's not compiled into Exim by default).

Oh, and to prevent abuse, you should make sure that the sender domain
matches the domain part of the authenticated user.

> If anyone is interested in helping me with the configure code, I
> would be forever greatful!

It's surely great to be great. But being grateful could also be nice. :)