Re: [exim] $received_protocol

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Sargent
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] $received_protocol
On Fri, 26 May 2006, Steve Sargent wrote:

> I am running exim on the command line in a unix shell on Solaris:-
>
> exim -d -bh 138.37.6.7 -oMr local -oMi 138.37.6.34

The documentation (which is thinking of locally submitted messages) says
of -oMr: "However, this applies only when -bs is not used." In other
words, when SMTP is not used. It should say "-bs or -bh", because the
same code will be processed.

> What have I done wrong, or have I completely misunderstood how it's
> supposed to work?

The latter, but the manual is not clear. Noted for clarification.