Re: [exim] Misplaced Content-Type

Author: dawnshade
To: exim-users
CC: Dave Evans
Subject: Re: [exim] Misplaced Content-Type
On Saturday 27 May 2006 14:32, Dave Evans wrote:
> > I received many spammer emails with wrong placed MIME/Content-Type like

> > Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 22:15:31 -0500
> > To: <user@???>
> > Subject: No Forms All orders filled V|AGR@ :can
> >
> > After Subject must be CRLF according to  RFC.
>
> I'm not sure why you think there's anything wrong with that.  Apart from
> the missing carriage returns (which I'm assuming is just an artefact of
> your mailer, or mine, or some mail server in between), it looks fine to me.
>
> Which specific part of which specific RFC do you think is being violated?

http://www.rfc-editor.org/cgi-bin/rfcdoctype.pl?loc=RFC&letsgo=2822&type=http&file_format=txt

3.5 Overall message syntax

A message consists of header fields, optionally followed by a message
body. Lines in a message MUST be a maximum of 998 characters
excluding the CRLF, but it is RECOMMENDED that lines be limited to 78
characters excluding the CRLF. (See section 2.1.1 for explanation.)
In a message body, though all of the characters listed in the text
rule MAY be used, the use of US-ASCII control characters (values 1
through 8, 11, 12, and 14 through 31) is discouraged since their
interpretation by receivers for display is not guaranteed.

message         =       (fields / obs-fields)
                        [CRLF body]

body            =       *(*998text CRLF) *998text

The header fields carry most of the semantic information and are
defined in section 3.6. The body is simply a series of lines of text
which are uninterpreted for the purposes of this standard.