Re: [exim] Problem Owner, group or Mode of Exim4

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem Owner, group or Mode of Exim4
Marc Haber wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:14:03 +0100, "Jason Meers"
> <Jason.Meers@???> wrote:
>
>>Usual Permissions required on Exim Binaries
>>owner: root, group: root, permissions: 4755 (suid root)
>

> Correct for /usr/sbin/exim4. The other exim related binaries are
> root:root 755 as usual.
>

>>Usual Permissions required on Config Files
>>owner:exim, group:exim, permissions:644
>

> No, we have them 644 root:root as well.
>
> We do not have an exim account any more, it is now called Debian-exim
> to avoid name space clashes.
>
> Greetings
> Marc, who is really impressed by the patience of the people on
> exim-users. Germans call this an "Engelsgeduld"

Angelic patience, or the 'patience of a Saint' ... but I think
what really drives most of us is the 'one hand washes the other'
free trade model.

Probably no one here who hasn't been rescued from a tight spot -
or avoided a 'landmine' as a result of the contributions of others.

Only works if we keep the momentum up, and the pot bubbling.

'Fair Exchange'

But I still think Debian has its feet on the wrong legs....
them's weird UID:GID & perms to a BSD'er...

..ducking and waddling off to bed now .... ;-)

Bill