Re: [exim] Exim rewrites Return-Path when it shouldn't

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim rewrites Return-Path when it shouldn't
Hi

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 15:30 -0500, daniel wrote:
> My mail client is just Kmail and I'm not sure how to tell if an address is
> unqualified or not. The domain it's sending from exists (in some, but not
> all cases, it's even a domain belonging to the mail server in question)
>
> I don't have any rewrite rules in the config. In fact, the config is pretty
> much the default with a few changes for virtual domains, authentication and
> the SQL-foo. However, I've obviously gibbled something somewhere so I'd
> really appreciate you taking a look:

Ah...

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch43.html#SECTsubmodnon

You were, in fact, right all along. Have a read of that, and pay
attention to the bits about tweaking the various retain settings and how
to set a domain on the submitted email message.

Failing that, simply drop the "control = submission" part in your ACL
which accepts your authenticated messages. As you're authenticating with
a fully-qualified email address, you don't need to do any domain munging
- that's used to add a domain onto emails which appear to come from
system users, ie. locally submitted. Yours don't.

Graeme