[exim] Re: HELO verification

Author: Mar Matthias Darin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: HELO verification
Jerry Stuckle writes:

> I was asking how to do it should I do so.

Simple, Add this to your exim configure file:

 warn    message       = X-Location: $dnslist_text
         dnslists      = country-rirdata.dnsiplists.completewhois.com

Now, in your .forward file, add this near the top:

if "$h_X-Location" contains "Taiwan"
or "$h_X-Location" contains "United States"
then
save /dev/null
finish
endif

Replace the countries and test first. Testing will get the country name
spellings from country-rirdata.dnsiplists.completewhois.com

You can use the 2 letter version if you wish. add more "or" lines as needed
or remove it if not needed.

This method works by allowing each user to block according to their needs.
Trying to do this in exim as a global block can be a real headache. This is
the quikest and fastest way to get this working.

Hope this helps.