Re: [exim] no reply to STARTTLS

Author: Sven Hartge
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] no reply to STARTTLS
Um 18:55 Uhr am 16.02.06 schrieb Jürgen Herz:

> I just installed my mail environment with dovecot and exim4(.50).
> Everything works like it should - except STARTTLS with exim.
>
> Exim advertises STARTTLS in the EHLO response but upon sending the
> STARTTLS command, nothing happens, it looks some client input is
> expected. Not if connected via client nor by hand (telnet).

You should see a "220 TLS go ahead" if you use telnet to debug.

My guess: Your server is out of entropy (check
/proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail, it should be >2000) and exim is
still calculating its dh_params and session key.

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://www.svenhartge.de/

Achtung, neue Mail-Adresse: sven@???