Re: [exim] Problem with match expansion

Author: Stian Jordet
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Problem with match expansion
fre, 18,.11.2005 kl. 10.15 +0000, skrev Tony Finch:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Stian Jordet wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to check in an acl wether the sending host is a mx for the
> > domain. To test, I have tried this:
> >
> > message = X-HostIsMX: ${if match{${lookup dnsdb{>: a=${lookup dnsdb{>: \
> >    mxh=$domain}}}}}{$sender_host_address}{yes}{no}}

> > But this won't work.
>
> What does exim -d+expand say?

root@buick:~# exim4 -d+expand
Exim version 4.54 uid=0 gid=0 pid=19227 D=fbb95dfd
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December 3, 2003)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl GnuTLS Content_Scanning
Old_Demime
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 passwd pgsql
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral iplookup manualroute queryprogram
redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
changed uid/gid: forcing real = effective
uid=0 gid=0 pid=19227
auxiliary group list: <none>
configuration file is /etc/exim4/exim4.conf
log selectors = fffffeff 7fff7ffe
cwd=/root 2 args: exim4 -d+expand
trusted user
admin user
changed uid/gid: privilege not needed
uid=109 gid=109 pid=19227
auxiliary group list: <none>
expanding: $1
result: root
user name "root" extracted from gecos field "root"
originator: uid=0 gid=0 login=root name=root
sender address = root@???
Exim is a Mail Transfer Agent. It is normally called by Mail User
Agents,
not directly from a shell command line. Options and/or arguments control
what it does when called. For a list of options, see the Exim
documentation.
root@buick:~#

Best regards,
Stian