[exim] Exim w/ libspf2 1.2.x (Was: [exim-dev] Problems with …

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Markus Mayer
CC: Exim-Users \(E-mail\), exim-dev
Subject: [exim] Exim w/ libspf2 1.2.x (Was: [exim-dev] Problems with libspf2-1.2.5)
Markus Mayer wrote:

> I am the maintainer of the Blastwave Exim package
> (http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php/exim) for Solaris. For a couple
> of releases now I compiled Exim with SPF enabled (that was using
> libspf2-1.0.x).
>
> Now, since the upgrade to libspf2-1.2.5, Exim doesn't compile anymore.
> A quick check on Google revealed that other people are experiencing the
> very same issues under Linux I ran into on Solaris. So it's definitely
> not OS dependent (or compiler-dependent; Sun's CC fails with the same
> error message GCC produces).

I have now updated the SPF support in CVS to catch up with the libspf2
changes. However this means that Exim 4.52 will be incompatible with
pre-1.2.0 versions of libspf2 (They changed the entire API).

The only thing is that the "make install" of libspf2 forgets to install
one header file which you have to copy to your $INCLUDEPATH manually.
Apart from that, everything should work again.

/tom