Re: [exim] server physcial change

Author: Michael Sprague
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] server physcial change
luqman kondeth wrote:
> newbie question
> HI,
> Can anyone give me instructions on how to move exim server from one
> hardware to another. Basically we are dumping our old machines , so we
> need to move the exim from an old server to a new one.
> Thanks in advance
> luq

Well, assuming you're running the same version of exim, it would be a
matter of copying over the configuration file and any support files to
the new server. Hopefully you'll be able to test on the new hardware
before dumping the old hardware. :)

If you going to a newer version of exim, you will probably have to tweek
the config a bit to get it working correctly. If you're talking about a
major upgrade (exim v3 to exim v4), you should check out the website for
advice on how to convert.

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael F. Sprague   |  mfs@???
Partner              |  System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc