Re: [exim] localpart and domain names

Author: Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] localpart and domain names
On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 22:56 +0100, Tony Finch wrote:

> You probably already have a user for each virtual host, say user1, user2,
> user3. You need a file mapping domain names to users, say dom2user. You
> can then configure an Exim router something like:
>
>   webmaster:
>     driver      = accept
>     domains     = lsearch;/etc/exim/dom2user
>     local_parts = webmaster : postmaster
>     user        = $domain_data
>     transport   = local_delivery
> The dom2user file looks like
>   domain.1: user1
>   domain.2: user2
>   domain.3: user3

Yeah. Why does your suggestion seem to be twice simpler than Andrew's
one? Is there something yours doesn't do but Andrew's does?

I know I should read the documentation. But... before mastering the doc,
I should understand it, and I asked here because I did not understand
what to do very well.

--
Get a fully managed dedicated server for €200/month ($257/month)
No time limit for taking care of your server.