Re: [exim] Reducing Server Load

Author: Mark Moseley
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reducing Server Load
> Thanks for the advice. By a caching nameserver do you mean install bind and
> then in the resolv.conf use localhost as one of the namservers?

Exactly. You'd probably want to set up Bind to forward DNS requests to
your regular internal resolvers and also put them in resolv.conf,
*after* 127.0.0.1 (for times when your caching nameserver isn't
running).

> Never used tmpfs before. What does it do?

A filesystem that lives solely in virtual memory (physical or swap,
depending on memory usage), so you're not using real disk I/O to dump
out the parts of the message to the 'scan' directory during exiscan
operations. See:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-fs3.html