Re: [Exim] EXIM LDAP Virtual Users & Distribution Lists

Author: Philipp Sacha
To: Lee W
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] EXIM LDAP Virtual Users & Distribution Lists
Lee W wrote:
>     Mail comes in addressed to all-users@???
>     EXIM performs LDAP query for mail:
> all-users@???,objectclass=InetOrgPerson
>     If no entry is found it passes though to the LISTS router which checks for
> the same address but with
>        objectclass=InetDistributionList
>     If entry is found then another query is run that finds multiple users that
> have attribute listMember: distListName (from the
>        previous query).
>     If no entries our found message bounces or possibly is simply discarded.

> I have made up a few LDAP objects in there as I was unable to find any for
> handling lists.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer or to tell me that I am going
> about this completely the wrong way.
>
> Regards
>
> Lee

You can create listmembers with an LDAP filter. In my setup i have
defined an attribute mailAliasLDAPFilter that takes an LDAP filter to
find list members. To address all users with a mail address on could use
something like:
mailAliasLDAPFilter: (&(objectclass=inetorgperson)(mail=*)).

If the corresponding exim router does not find a filter for an email
address it continues with the next router which handles aliases defined
in the LDAP directory.

Regards,
Philipp

--