[Exim] smtp auth with exim as client

Author: Jonas Meurer
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] smtp auth with exim as client
--
hello
i have exim installed on my pc and i want it to use another relay server
for some domains like t-online.de and lists.python.org. the relay server
is called mail.example.com and requires smtp auth. for now i have in my
exim.conf (exim-tls 3.35-3)
the router config:
relayed:
        driver = domainlist
        transport = remote_smtp
        route_list =
    *.t-online.de:*.python.org mail.example.com bydns_a

and at the end of the config:
plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
client_send = "^jonas^******"

login:
driver = plaintext
public_name = LOGIN
server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
client_send = ": jonas : ******"

cram_md5:
driver = cram_md5
public_name = CRAM-MD5
client_name = jonas
client_secret = ******

the authentification does not work. did I forget anything?

second, how can i configure exim to use always ssl if possible
for smtp connections?

--
Efficiency and progess is ours one more
Now that we have the Neutron bomb