Re: [Exim] Multiple Databases?

Author: Colin Morey
To: Colin Morey
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Multiple Databases?

Sorry for dragging this backup, but i've now found the solution and i believe
the archives would benefit from having it spelled out. Especially as i still
can't find it in the main docs for the 3.3x series.

==
When trying to use more than one database, the mysql driver, (just mysql,
pgsql doesn't work) can create a connection without an explicit database name,
the configuration option for this is,

and as the database field can be blank we can write,

_but_ when doing a lookup, you need to specify the database to use in the
query.

eg,

${lookup mysql{select password from <database>.users where user='$1'}

It is worth noting that this will allow multiple databses, but only on one
database server :( (specifying multiple servers seems to provide some degree
of fail-over.)

==
Thanks go to Philip Hazel for his execellant book "Exim - The Mail Transfer
Agent".

Cheers,

Colin Morey