Re: [EXIM] altering an header

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] altering an header
On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> I need an alias, say "fakeaddress" that should receive a message,
> strip all reply to: headers present, and substitute with another one
> pointing to "otheraddress" and forward a message to "realaddress".

Add this director:

  fakeaddress_director:
    driver = smartuser
    domain = (if necessary to restrict the domain)
    local_part = fakeaddress
    headers_remove = reply-to
    headers_add = reply-to: otheraddress
    new_address = realaddress

> These fakeaddresses are many, and iffers only for the
> "otheraddress" .

Oh, in that case, use lookups. Create a file containing

fakeaddress1: otheraddress1
fakeaddress2: otheraddress2

and then use

  fakeaddress_director:
    driver = smartuser
    domain = (if necessary to restrict the domain)
    local_part = lsearch;/that/file
    headers_remove = reply-to
    headers_add = reply-to: ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/that/file}{$value}}
    new_address = realaddress