[EXIM] Rewrite problem

Author: David M Walker
Subject: [EXIM] Rewrite problem
Pop users in our domain(s) using a web based mailer have a login of
the form

m222.dwalker
m223.helen

and as a result get a mail address as follows

m222.dwalker@???
m223.helen@???

these need to be rewritten to the correct domain as follows

dwalker@???
helen@???

The rule I have written is

m222.*@??? $1@???
m223.*@??? $1@???

i.e. m222 as a prefix determines that the domain is datamgmt.com
     m223 as a prefix determines that the domain is venexia.com
     and so on for about another 30 domains

However the rule does not appear to be matched at all (other rules
are working)

Reading TFM (It really is very good) I get the impression that
the local part can only match on an asterisk at the begining. Is
this the case, or is there something else wrong with what I have
done and ultimately how do I fix it ?

rgds
davidw