[EXIM] Local Domain Not delivering?

Author: David Lattter
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Local Domain Not delivering?
I am having trouble with a local mail domain not working. We are the
secondary mail server for www.lely.com.au and when a message is sent to them
we get the following message bounced back from Exim? I have looked through
the Exim config and have no reference to lely or there ip address in there
but Exim thinks it is a local Delivery? Now the user dl@??? is not a
real username but it should sit on Exim spool until they check it and send
the message back? But as soon as we send this it comes right back.

>This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>
>A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.

The
>following address(es) failed:
>
>  dl@???:
>    retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period
>------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

>From: "David Lattter" <dl@???>
>To: <dl@???>
>Subject: test
>Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:26:37 +1100

>------=_NextPart_000_0077_01BE63DE.C09A74B0
>
>test

We have other sites that we hold mail for when there link is down and they
work fine? I have looked at there DNS entry and they look identical? We also
get this error message in the Log file

>1999-03-01 13:09:05 10HI8n-0006sj-00 <= dl@??? H=(alf)

[203.19.5.201] P
=smtp S=1284 id=00c001be6388$67c3f470$c90513cb@???
>1999-03-01 13:09:06 10HI8n-0006sj-00 ** dl@??? R=lookuphost

T=remote_smt
p: retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period
1999-03-01 13:09:06 10HI8o-0006sl-00 <= <> R=10HI8n-0006sj-00 U=mail P=local
S=2
057
>1999-03-01 13:09:06 10HI8n-0006sj-00 Error message sent to dl@???
>1999-03-01 13:09:06 10HI8n-0006sj-00 Completed

Now with the other sites the message just get queued up and when they log in
they use the ertn command and get them? I am a little lost with the error
message and cant find why it thinks it is local :(

Thanks for any help.
David Latter