Re: [EXIM] Case of local parts

Author: V. T. Mueller
To: Bruce Bowler
CC: eml
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Case of local parts
On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Bruce Bowler wrote:
> Actually, thinking about it, Chad's solution doesn't help my problem at
> all. The only way to solve my particular problem is with a serial read
> through the passwd file looking caselessly at the usernames.

Hm. Just to make clear what we are talking about:

-you have local users with upper-case letters in their account names (e.g.
BBowler)
-you want all mail -regardless of case- delivered to the corresponding
local user (e. g. [BBowler|Bbowler|bbowler]@bigelow.org deliverd to, let's
say /var/mail/BBowler .

So why don't you generate an aliasfile which converts all users from
/etc/passwd to lowercase and set up exim processing this aliasfile?

Or am I missing something?

Regards,
Volker
  Volker T. Mueller      Albert-Ludwigs-Universitaet  Freiburg im Breisgau
  Student der Informatik    vtmue@???  +49 761 355-03 -80(fax)
  ech`echo "xiun" | tr nu oc | sed 'sx\([sx]\)\([xoi]\)xo un\2\1 is xg'`ol