[exim] Re: delay not kicking in

Author: Slavko
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: delay not kicking in
Dňa 4. júna 2023 13:54:49 UTC používateľ Julian Bradfield via
Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:

>I'm a small MTA, handling only relatives and one small sports club.
>So I'm not a particularly heavy target.

Perhaps you can be not target of targeted atrack, but...

Have you properly set SPF/DKIM/DMARC and have not bad reputation? Then
you are (or can be) good target. How good target you are, you can
derive from 12 000 blocked IPs daily.

BTW, how many of them repeats every some days?

>That's why I operate "one strike and you're out". This is occasionally
>annoying when I'm setting up a new device and get the password wrong,
>but I can live with that.

Hmm, you can, but what other your users? It doesn't matter how many
users you have...

I meet similar approach some years ago, in job with our email provider.
One of our employee did typo in his mail client password, and whole
company (behind NAT) was blocked... Some time passed until i realized
that, then some time passed until email provider investigated and
solved it, nobody was happy...

That is, where identifying of bad IPs can be important, as you can
relative safe apply one time approach to them and/or block them for
long time, and for others apply less strict rules.

regards

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk