[exim] Re: failure to transfer data from subprocess

Author: Robert Nicholson
To: Andrew C Aitchison
CC: Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: failure to transfer data from subprocess
So this issue hasn’t resolved itself unfortunately and so I still get the occasional email that just simply fails to deliver.

Does anybody have any more ideas as to how I investigate this further since I don’t have debug as I’m not an admin and the folks responsible for the exim build claim that this is all due to the fact that I’m using a custom filter which I am but it’s understood that my filter itself couldn’t be responsible for the errors I’m seeing when things error.

failing that is there anyway I can force the delivery or something before my filter is invoked so that I can backup the message.

If you remember I do this prior to my pipe but that doesn’t cause delivery to occur immediately

save $home/Maildir/.INBOX.intray.backup/

after this here’s the pipe

pipe "nice -10 $home/perlscripts/filter.pl"

Still don’t see reasons why the errors still occur or anything about the messages impacted.

But for at least one sender I can see _all_ their mail consistently fails.

but that is not the case for all emails that fail. ie. there are some senders who’s emails fail but the same senders email won’t necessarily fail all the time.

Does anybody know the signficance of the errno in this case?

2023-05-31 06:16:13 1q441n-0006Lk-3A internal problem in userforward router (recipient is elastica@???): failure to transfer data from subprocess: status=0100 readerror='No such file or directory'
2023-05-31 06:16:13 1q441n-0006Lk-3A == elastica@??? <robert@???> R=userforward defer (-1): internal problem in userforward router (recipient is elastica@???): failure to transfer data from subprocess: status=0100 readerror='No such file or directory’

without a sandbox to play in this is considerably difficult to resolve.