[exim] Re: How to test my userforward ie. forward?

Author: Ian Z via Exim-users
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: How to test my userforward ie. forward?
On Sun, May 14, 2023 at 11:51:35AM +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> > If exim.conf is not readable by normal users, I'd consider it a
> > serious misconfiguration. Talk to the admin about that.

> The exim binary is usually setuid root, so there's no need for the config
> file to be readable by regular users. e.g.

On my systems, it is usually setuid root but not world
executable. Another program takes the role of a submission agent.

But that's quite beside the point. exim.conf should be world readable
for the sake of users reading it with cat, less or emacs, to figure
out what the configuration is. Anything else amounts to security by
obscurity.

--
Ian