[exim] Re: failure to transfer data from subprocess

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: failure to transfer data from subprocess
On 13/05/2023 21:42, Robert Nicholson via Exim-users wrote:
> Another thing I don’t quite understand with this is my .forward has something like this before the pipe
>
> save $home/Maildir/.INBOX.intray.backup/
>
> this is catch all to save all mail.
>
> However when I see these errors with the SIGSEGV it’s as if the above step never completed either.

The "save" command only sets up another delivery to be done for the message
(to file) - it's doesn't perform that delivery.  The crash is before
we get to that delivery being actioned.

[  Exim version 4.96 will be doing it's best to give a stackdump
    of itself, on a SIGSEGV, to the logfiles.  I assume you're
    running something a bit earlier.
]

--
Cheers,