[exim] Re: smtp_accept_max & DDoS

Author: Slavko
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: smtp_accept_max & DDoS
Dňa 13. mája 2023 18:01:43 UTC používateľ Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> napísal:
>On 13/05/2023 14:03, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
>> We could
>> - manipulate the SMTP command timeout, as you suggest
>
>It turns out to be not much code to add an ACL control
>which modifies the timeout. Would that be of use for
>this case, and is it worth the feature-creep?

I can imagine how one can use it, eg. i would add it into
ACL where i disable pipeline on MX in some conditions.
I can imagine, that control as useful in some reject
conditions too.

But in the case of failed auth we are back in problem
processing of that failed auth in dovecot autenticator.
When i will know, that host is bad (and sometime i know
that) i will reject/drop it before it reach aurh. I am not
sure if i want to set it on suspicious connections, as these
can be not bad in real and be on bad connection/link.

IMO great can be, if something as this would be
autenticator option, in mean of set timeout in
failed auth case, ideally expandable...

Or can this control be set from failed auth event
named ACL?

regards

--
Slavko