[exim] Re: Port 25 blocked by ISP

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: João Camara
CC: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Port 25 blocked by ISP
On Thu, 4 May 2023, João Camara via Exim-users wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How can I set outbound SMTP port to 587 on EXIM4 ?

You can set
     port = 587
(or port = 465 which might be better) on the smtp transport,
but that is probably not what you want to do,
*unless you are only sending to one specific server*.

You would need a login (typicallly usernmae + password) on every
server you wish to send mail to.

If your ISP blocks outgoing connections to port 25 and
you have an email service provider that lets you access their
port 587 or 465, you can configure that service as a smart host.
Since you spell EXIM4 with a four, I guess that your are running Debian or
Ubuntu. If do the exim setup tool will help you do this.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew@???