Re: [exim] 'Could not complete sender verify'

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: List: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] 'Could not complete sender verify'
On 25 Nov 2021, at 14:26, Ben Franklin via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>        Quoth Eugene Berdnikov: 'Did you read a statement on which you
> wrote reply? Try again.'

You have a very unusual quoting method which some people may find difficult to follow.

>     I don't understand your question.  I read your first reply.  I
> quoted it.  In it you wrote, 'Exim did not get answers from DNS for
> "gmail.com".'  Every other Internet protocol client can get gmail.com
> resolved on that domain.  I don't see how exim can’t

At the time of processing that inbound message, the DNS lookup that exim passed to your system resolver timed out. Therefore, exim couldn’t verify the incoming address, so rejected it. Maybe the upstream resolver was rebooting, or something was overloaded, or slow.

Graeme