Re: [exim] message has lines too long for transport

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] message has lines too long for transport
On 18/11/2021 20:36, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
>> Better solution is to fold this header (split over multiple lines).
>>

> How do I achieve that with exim-4.95? Config option??

There's no builtin support in Exim. In fact, not all possible lines
*can* be folded - you're only allowed to insert a line-break before
(certain specified instances of) whitespace.

You could play with ${sg} and split on *any* whitespace, once a
long-enough line had built up - but you might break something
by not recognising these special "foldable white space" cases only.

Or you could refuse such messages in the first place, and make
it the sender's problem.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy