Re: [exim] 'Cloned' config not logging in

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Charles Johnson
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] 'Cloned' config not logging in
On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 5:06 PM Charles Johnson via Exim-users <
exim-users@???> wrote:

> I have a 'cloned' configuration of exim4 using my hosting's smtp server
> as a smarthost. I cannot see where the failing one differs in any way
> from ones where sending is unproblematic. Can someone kindly tell me
> from the unfreeze debug trace what the problem might be?
>
> Look forward to hearing…
>
> Charles

You are connecting to mail.technojeeves.com on port 587 and it enforces
ASMTP.
So you must configure a username:password for authenticating before it can
accept mail from you.
ASMTP is usually enforced on ports other than 25.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,