Re: [exim] Assistance with Rate Limiting

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Assistance with Rate Limiting
On 23/09/2021 04:26, Eric Schoeller via Exim-users wrote:
> So 'connection_max_messages' , 'max_rcpt' and 'max_parallel' can all be placed under the 'remote_smtp_smarthost' and 'remote_smtp' transport sections, correct?

They are transport options. See the definitions in the manual as
to where they can be used and how to put them in the config.

> I tried applying some low values to these and unfortunately our outbound provider still complained with a '452 Too many recipients received from the sender' message today during an incident we had.

Look at your logging for the affected message. What transport was used?

Consider running testcases with known numbers of recipients using
the debug features exim provides.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy